Russell Sherwood Saturday, June 13, 2020
ICCF Zone 1 and SSKK - Sveriges Schackförbunds Korrschackkommitté are delighted to announce that a friendly match Sweden versus Rest of Europe will be organized in September, 2020.
1. The match will be played on ICCF webserver, ICCF Playing Rules will apply. Time control is 10 moves in 50 days with duplication after 20 days.
2. Number of boards is expected 50 to 60.
3. Any Zone 1 (Europa) National Federation (except for Sweden) may nominate up to 3 players for the Rest of Europe Team (usually some NFs are not represented in friendly matches, however it would be good if all players will be set in order). Deadline is August,31, 2020.
4. Each player will play two games (one with White, one with Black) against her/his opponent on her/his board.
5. Start date is September 30, 2020.
6. Team Captains are IM Sture Olsson (Sweden) and GM Artis Gaujens (Rest of Europe).
7.Tournament Director is GM Mrkvička, Josef (Czech Republic).
8. Order of boards will be set in accordance with ICCF ratings being taken from
up-to-date rating list (i.e. 2020/3).
Any Welsh flagged play interested in taking part should get in touch with Russell Sherwood by the 24th of August 2020.